Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back in Lecce - and loving it

L-R: Margaret, Josh, Raffaele, Janet, Ruth

We are back and Lecce is a beautiful as ever. We have been here two weeks so I have been a bit slack with my blog.

Once again we are here to learn Italian, eat the great food and experience the warmth and hospitality of the people of the Salento region of Puglia.

Five of us are here this time – me, my wife Janet, her mother Ruth, her aunt Margaret, and Josh who I worked with for while who is now on an extended overseas trip, mainly in Scotland and who has joined us to learn some Italian, experience Lecce and get some sun.

I have been to Italy six times and this is the first time that been here when the weather has been warm.  It has been late summer/early autumn here with the temperatures in the high twenties and low thirties every day. It’s a great time of the year to be here.

Just saying hullo really. More about the language, sights, smells and flavours next.

No comments:

Post a Comment