Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Raffaele’s last post

There have been no new posts from me since I have returned to what passes for normality in Adelaide.

As you can tell if you have read my blog I had a great time. One of the best things I have ever done and something that I unreservedly recommend to anyone considering a holiday with a difference.

So what have I been doing and what if any link have I maintained with Lecce and Italy?

One of the reasons I have neglected this blog is that I have started a new one, Learn Italian in Lecce focusing on Lecce as a study destination. I am now also the Australian contact for the School of Italian for Foreigners in Lecce. In that role I will be doing my best to promote Lecce to Australians and anyone else thinking of going to Italy to study some Italian.


When I came back I was a little worried about losing the Italian I had learnt in Lecce so I have enrolled in an Italian class in the Centre for Professional and Continuing Education at the University of Adelaide.  Two hours per week till November. It is a very good course and very useful for filling the gaps in my grammar.

I have also found a conversation class for two hours per week on Monday nights.

Finally, because I now have dual Italian/Australian citizenship I can vote in Italian elections and referendums.

There was an important referendum held recently (12 June 2011) and I am proud to say I voted Si, Si, Si, along with an overwhelming number of voters (93+%) to repeal laws that 1) gave Berlusconi immunity from prosecution while in office, 2) privatised water in Italy, and 3) allowed the construction of nuclear power stations in Italy.

So that’s it. No more posts from me on Puglia Passatempo.

Unless of course I go back……

No comments:

Post a Comment