Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Is that weird or what #2

Check out the optical artifacts in this photograph. Faint white rings all over the picture. The picture was taken inside of the Church of the Dead in Foggia. The church had been closed for many years. It was in a very  run down state before repair and restoration.

The Church of the Dead reopened on Sunday 17 January and I was lucky enough to be one of the first to look inside.

Anyway back to my photo. I cannot explain the optical artifacts. No the lens wasn’t dirty –  I did think of that.  The pictures I took outside the church do not have them nor do pictures I took after leaving.

What about dust in the air refracting the light, I hear you say? The church was spotless, newly reopened after extensive renovations. The light was even, coming in though the door way and a number of windows. There was no dust to be seen.

I don’t know why it was called the Church of Dead but I’m sure it was for a good reason so maybe I have captured the ghosts of those who came before. I can’t explain it. Maybe you can.

Is that weird or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment