Monday, January 10, 2011

Is that weird or what?

Just when you think the world can’t get any smaller or more bizarre something weird happens. Did someone say six degrees of separation? Check this out.

- My cousin Melina knows a man, Cristian Telesco, who is doing a thesis on the migration of people from Puglia to Australia, the USA, Argentina and elsewhere.
- She tells him about her uncle, my father, who migrated to Australia.
- His research brought him to Australia and the Australian archives where he found my father’s file with information such as the ship he came out on, the date of arrival and where he went work.
- Cristian has contacted me and wants to talk to me about my father and my experience as a first generation migrant child.
- There is a conference in Lecce while I am here on Pugliese migration and he has asked me to participate.

Weird huh? Well hang to your hat because the twighlight zone is coming.

- Cristian was in Adelaide in 2008
- He met and interviewed Mike Rann and Sasha
- Has had contact with Nicola Sasanelli, sometime artist, former Scientific Attaché at the Italian Embassy Canberra, and now European envoy for the SA government.

Pugliagate has followed me all the way to Italy. Is that weird or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment